1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
Psalm 121:1-2, 7-8
"I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
"The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."
Everyday, we face new situations that cause us to fear. Do we trust God fully for His care, His protection, and His provisions for us? I do trust God but prayer is not always my first line of defense against anxiety. It should be tho, because prayer is my direct talk with God, who controls everything in life.
In my Bible reading this past week, I was encouraged by the Book of Esther in that:
"God’s protective hand is always present, even though it is not always seen. Nowhere in the book of Esther is God’s name mentioned, but His providential hand is evident in Esther’s every move. God is at work in your life too, whether you realize it or not. "
Most of us can see in hindsight, the all-sufficient grace and mercy of God's care over us in our past. So why is our present and future times, so hard to hand over to Him? We trust in ourselves much, too much!
7 Reasons to Trust God with Your Life and Eternity [M. Henry commentary]
- God himself is our protector. It is His infinite power and wisdom that provides safety to those who put themselves under His protection.
- "The shepherd of the flock is the shepherd of every sheep, and will take care that not one, even of the little ones, shall perish."
- God is a watchful keeper, who neither sleeps nor slumbers.
- "He is always near to his people for their protection and refreshment, and never at a distance; so that he is never far to seek."
- "God will provide that his people shall not be tempted above what they are able, shall not fall into sin, though they may be very near it, shall not fall into trouble."
- "It is the spiritual life, especially, that God will take under his protection: He shall preserve thy soul."
- God's protection is for life and shall abide with us forever.
As for myself, I still get the 'mom arm' of protection from most of my van drivers but as good as that is, I know God is watching and protecting me always.
I also realize the greatest danger to myself is me. I see and acknowledge His fingerprints in all areas of my life. Honestly, sometimes it has taken His whole Hand-print to turn me around.
There is no better place to be than in God's hands. Have you placed yourself there? Do you turn to and rely on that mercy and grace of protection?
"I need Thee, oh I need Thee, every hour I need Thee."