One of the biggest reasons people turn away from church is because they see how so- called Christians act in daily life. There should be a noticeable difference in how the saved and unsaved react, respond, and live in this world of problems and hardships. That difference is the fruit of the Spirit. When God is the ruler of your heart and mind, not yourself, these things will be obvious in your life. The lack of them is even more obvious to those around you... think about it.
- Self-control: Do you have it or the temper of a wasp? Do you make a mountain out of every mole hill? When you lose it, the devil has you in his hands.
- Gentleness: Do you have a soft touch? Or is it just about getting the task done?
- Faithfulness: Can people count on you to be reliable? Do you trust God in all circumstances?
- Goodness: Do you approach things and people looking for the good in them? Do you try to do good for others?
- Kindness: Are your words and ways thoughtful?
- Patience: Can you wait or is everything a 'right now' issue?
- Peace: Is there a calmness about you that soothes your soul?
- Joy: Is there joy in your heart? Deep down where it's untouchable to earthly disappointments?
- Love: The greatest and the foundation of all these fruits.
Are these in your fruit bowl of life or do you just sample them on rare occasions?
''So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.''
May the Spirit be our guiding light and let Christ shine through us. May we also never be a stumbling block to others by our example.